Sunday, June 2, 2013

Random Sunday Night Post

I love this picture that my friend Mel over at Little Mrs. Married took on Saturday Night at Theatre Baton Rouge's Beaux Arts Ball!

I look so happy to show off my ring and Chris looks so proud that he chose it!

On the wedding front, it looks like we've decided on a date!  I'm calling my church in the morning to reserve the sanctuary for the ceremony and we'll start calling reception venues for information tomorrow.  Tonight, I'm making a worksheet of questions to ask each venue and tomorrow, Chris and I will divide and conquer!  We've got a list of potential venues and we'll call each one tomorrow and (hopefully) use the information they give us to decide which venues to eliminate right away and which ones we want to go visit.  Wish us luck!!

Oh, and if you have any venue suggestions for a Baton Rouge wedding, give them to me— whether it was your wedding or a wedding you've been to. I don't want to miss out on any options!

4 comments:

  1. This is funny! I was blogging the Beaux Arts Ball pics (JUST NOW) & posted this pic...then i went to link your blog to it and saw you had just posted this! LOL!

    Yay for a date!!!! When?!?! LOL.

    As for a reception. Here's the deal. You wanna choose one pretty close to the ceremony. I am sure you guessed that. :) I LOVED Oak Lodge on Sherwood (the look of it) but it made more sense for me to choose Reflections on FL b/c it was so close to my church & cheaper per head. Plus my people could be in one big room instead of separate rooms (which would have been necessary at Oak Lodge b/c of the size). Reflections is not as pretty as Oak Lodge but it was a GREAT venue & i am so happy i chose it!

    I have been to receptions at Oak Lodge too (Mary Pyfrom, Richard Baker, and another friend) & it's really nice there! I wouldn't suggest it for a HUGE wedding but for a smaller one (150ish), it would be great!

    Boudreaux's is GORGEOUS! Went to one there. I have also been to receptions at Nottoway, Lakehouse, Forest Glen - all very nice. Okay...the end! Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mel!! The date will be sometime next July. We have a strong top choice and a solid second choice. Which one we choose will depend on which venue we choose.

      We're actually going to look at Oak Lodge tomorrow morning! My grandfather has been to a couple of meetings and conferences there and recommended it. We visited White Oak Plantation and Ashley Manor this morning and I loved both of them! I think we would get more for our money at White Oak because they have waitstaff working the buffet and acting as a personal attendent to the bride, groom, and their parents. But the ballroom at Ashley Manor is more spacious. We're figuring out that this is not going to be an easy decision!

      Delete
  2. I'm stopping by from Melissa's blog and wanted to say hi since I'm another local Baton Rouge girl! We actually got married last September at Houmas House, which I loved. Although if you're getting married in town, it doesn't make as much sense. Our second choice with White Oak Plantation, which would be a lot more convenient. They do have a bridal show each year, although in March so you're a few months late. But good luck on looking for reception locations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!! My fiance and I actually visited White Oak this morning and really loved it! I actually looked at Houmas House as well just to see what it looked like and it looks so beautiful!!

      Delete